Friday, August 31, 2007

IT ALL STARTS IN MY BRAIN…?

It has been over a week now of just getting used to the commitment I have made to myself to get rich and share the wealth. Rather than let myself get overwhelmed with all I have to learn, I have decided to inhale a deep yoga breath and let out my gotta-get-it-all-done-and-it-has-to-be-just-right-right-now anxiety. Huhhhhhhhh.

Further investigation into my book collection indicates that the first place to start towards financial progress is really in my own brain. Who knew my feelings have so much to do with my financial situation? I guess it’s kind of obvious, more about that later. I like David Bach’s suggestion on where to start. He recommends considering the following question:

“OVER THE NEXT YEAR, WHAT ONE THING WOULD HAVE TO HAPPEN FOR YOU TO FEEL YOU’VE MADE GREAT FINANCIAL PROGRESS?”

I am supposed to make this as specific and measurable as I can. I should write it out and explain to myself WHY it is so important to me and HOW I will feel when I’ve accomplished it. I should write it in the past tense, as if I have already achieved it.

I’m up to the challenge. Anybody else? I am traveling to see my family for the Labor Day weekend and I will think on it with a full report on Monday. I am going to make my sisters do it too…..In the meantime, check out some of the links I have added to the right.

1 comment:

vanilla girl said...

I'll do it. I think it's a smart idea to have someone to be accountable to at the end of the day. That way I can't give up what I really want just because I'm too tired at the moment. Count me in!