Thursday, August 30, 2007

TRUTH, CONFESSIONS and PLEA BARGAINING…

I just counted how many books about personal finance and investing I have on my bookshelf. 12. This does not include the books on starting a business, marketing and real estate. I pull “THE FINISH RICH WORKBOOK” by David Bach off the shelf. I remember now why I bought this book. On the cover is a beautiful woman with a beautiful body floating on beautiful blue water in a luxurious white raft with a beautiful tan man (in a speedo). Who wouldn’t want that life? Plus, it is offering to help me create “a personalized plan for a richer life”. Beautiful.

Flipping open the first few pages I come to this:

“ALL FINANCIAL PROGRESS BEGINS BY TELLING THE TRUTH.”

Taking a look around my place and having lived in this brain for long enough, I know what is true about me. I LOVE TO START PROJECTS I DON’T FINISH. This is evidenced by the large basket of filing I need to do, a bag of returns to Nordie’s from a month ago, and a bookcase full of half read books. When I lose interest in what I am doing, or never found it that fun or interesting to start with, I move on to something else. Not only have I told the truth, but I have confessed it to you. Next suggestion:

“the most powerful and effective way of changing your life is (1) to figure out what it is you want, (2) to write it down, and (3) to take action to bring it about.” LEARN IT, WRITE IT, LIVE IT.

Hey, I am on my way! I know what IT is (see BEING RICH DEFINED), I am learning it, I am writing about it, and now I JUST have to live it. I also have something powerful to push me if I start to lose steam, I have told someone I am going to do it. I know at least my mom, dad, two sisters, two brothers, two of my friends and my uncle are reading this and now I feel accountable. It would be even better if one of the GIRLS in my life would go through this process with me. Who is it going to be? Who wants to get rich with me? I would like a push/pull partner. I promise I won’t be too bossy. : )

No comments: