Wednesday, September 12, 2007

VARIABLE ANNUITIES, BUELLER....BEULLER

This is too good. Tonight as I was doing my get rich homework, I went to YouTube to see what good retirement videos there might be (sometimes I get bored of reading...) Look what I found! Ben Stein. What hasn't he done in this lifetime???? Here are a few points from his Bio...

- Graduated from Columbia University in 1966 with honors in economics
- Graduated from Yale Law School in 1970 as valedictorian of his class by election of his classmates
- Helped to found the Journal of Law and Social Policy while at Yale
- Worked as a poverty lawyer in New Haven and Washington, D.C.
- Trial lawyer in the field of trade regulation at the Federal Trade Commission in Washington, D.C.
- He has written and published sixteen books, seven novels, largely about life in Los Angeles, and nine nonfiction books, about finance and about ethical and social issue in finance, and also about the political and social content of mass culture.

It goes on. He also apprently did some videos for the NRPC, National Retirement Planning Coalition. WARNING!!!! Of all of Ben's many talents, getting the message across without making his audience want to end it all RIGHT NOW, is not one. But there is interesting information here....



Interesting Eh? Now that you have learned something new (including the fate of Ben's parents), check of the video that Ben is more famous for....and also makes me feel nostalgic.



Learning is fun!!!

I learned more about VARIALBE ANNUITIES at:
http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/varannty.htm

I leanred more about BEN STEIN at:
http://www.benstein.com/bio.html

2 comments:

vanilla girl said...

I liked this post. The video was quick and to the point. It was easy to understand. I think it would work really well if you discussed one topic for the entire month. That way we could really understand it and learn enough to help us progress.

peewee said...

what's with all the retirement talk? I thought this was GIRLS get rich...not old granny's get rich!