Thursday, March 6, 2008

AGRESSIVLEY WORK THAT INVESTMENT ACOUNT, EVEN AFTER 40...

I have a significant birthday coming up this year. As a result I have become increasingly aware of talk show subjects such as "Love and Dating, EVEN after 40," "Feeling and looking your best EVEN after 40," "Feeling vital and worthwhile, and good for anything EVEN after 40." Ok I made up that last one up, but I actually heard the other two. I am starting to look forward to 40, not a lot, but a little. Maybe I will finally feel like a grown up, or maybe not, EVEN at 40.

Suggestions for those who need to play catch up in their retirement planning after 40.
from O Magazine:

The obvious advice from our panel to anyone who is behind in her savings is to spend less and save more, but John Claghorn has a further suggestion: " If you are going to be working for another two decades, and you are not going to be withdrawing money from your 401(k) or IRAs to buy a home or pay college tuition, invest as aggressilvly as you can tolerate.

No comments: