Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HELP ME OBI WAN KENOBI...

I am not someone who likes to reinvent the wheel. Instead I like to take the more efficient route of finding an expert to show me the ways of the Jedi. What I look for in an Obi Wan is someone with whom I share the same values, who inspires, motivates, educates and provides pathways and strategies to get where I want to go. Luke Skywalker had Obi Wan Kenobi. I have Suze Orman.

Suze has all the a fore mentioned qualities and clearly has "the force." She is EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING. She has several books, a TV show, a website, podcasts, and makes appearances all over the world. She is also a friend of Oprah's, another Jedi Master.

Because I so admire her accomplishments and success, and because I want to do what is necessary to live rich, I am spending the month of May studying Suze. Dr. Maxell Malz, suggests that if there is a quality or behavior that you would like to acquire, you should pick someone who has that quality and learn more about them. His method is to "...study (them) for a month, to get so intimately familiar with the way he or she thinks that you can sit down and have a conversation with the person and solicit advice and coaching in your imagination." I will use her wisdom like a light saber against the evil forces of the The Empire at Bluefly.com (Cue Star Wars theme).

On a side note, Yoda has some profound ideas! Use the sunken ship as a metaphor for pulling your __________ (fill in the blank) from the swap in Dgobah.

1 comment:

peewee said...

Only two posts huh? I'll be awaiting more :)